Wednesday, March 26, 2014

wrecking wednesday.

I purchased a Wreck this Journal book about a month or two ago. I wanted one for a while now. I like the idea so much, because I love doing creative stuff, but it happens all the time that I think of doing art and as soon as I sit there with a blank piece of paper I have no idea how to get started.
This book gives you instructions and ideas to try different things. It makes you hungry for more. You do the pages in the journal and you suddenly can't stop and want to do more. Outside the journal.
Even though I was really looking forward to it I didn't get started until now. It's not that easy after all. I was flipping through it every other day, put it away, picked it up again...as usual I didn't know where to begin.
This weekend I finally said to myself "screw it, just do it" and I did my first page. I didn't like how it turned out, at all. I'll probably work on it again. But it helped to get into it. I've done quite a few pages already and I like some of them a lot.
I'm going to share some (maybe three?) of my wrecked journal pages every Wednesday. They're nice to look at and maybe some of you get inspired to get a journal as well or do any other kind of art or crafting.

 This page is for handprints or fingerprints. Get them dirty then press down.
A bit like kindergarten all over again. It's so simple and it was fun. I can't deny it. 

Color outside of the lines.
Crazy screaming chicken pooping a radioactive green egg? Happy pre-Easter time! 

A page for four-letter words.
I like how it says "A page for four-letter LUST words" now. Yes, I did that on purpose. 
I loved doing this. Give me a scissor and some magazines and I'm happy. But you won't believe how hard it is to count letters in a word around midnight. I almost glued in some five-letter words. I think that's why normal people go to bed and sleep at night.

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted one of those! So now I'm going to be a total copy cat and go buy one from Amazon now... hehe. I can't wait to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete