Saturday, March 29, 2014

evil minds that plot destruction.

Being unemployed leads to the development of strange and/or new spare-time activities. Since I have currently not that many ideas of what to do next in life (and googleing for "jobs graz" gives you a couple hundreds results which isn't helping at all) my day pretty much is made of 24 hours free time. And being stuck in my hometown where I bump into teachers from high school as soon as I leave the house (seriously, I think they're just waiting for me out there) and where I don't know anyone (or let's say, where I pretend not to know anybody) doesn't make it any better.

The first thing that happened, and this happens all the time, my music taste changed. When it comes to music I live through phases. I love all kind of music, but I do not always listen to the same stuff. I even have favorite bands, but I sometimes I don't listen to them for months.
Now I ended up in new area of music. New to me. I haven't been here before. Maybe listened to one or two songs now and then, but I'm hooked right now.
Only three bands/groups work for me at the moment. Everything else sounds "lame" to me, I don't know why. I think I simply need music right now that aggressively turns my brain into mashed potato-like matter.
Which bands?
1. Black Sabbath
2. AC/DC
3. Skrillex
While Black Sabbath and AC/DC go pretty well with each other, Skrillex is the exact opposite. Within the dubstep genre I started off with Lindsey Stirling, which is not my cup of tea (don't know why. I mean violin? I love violin). So I turned to Skrillex.
And yes, I go straight from Black Sabbath to Skrillex and back again.
Here for you to taste. Black Sabbath - War Pigs. AC/DC - Back in Black. Skrillex - First of the Year.
No particular order, so choose wisely.




Other than listening to weird music, watching too much Supernatural (I'm at Season 5, that's still the beginning) and being sad that I don't have access to Breaking Bad (only made it half way into Season 2) I decided to use my brain again.
I stumbled over those fun online game pages again, like purposegames and sporcle. I once learned all the countries of the world by playing these games and I wanted to know if I could still remember them.
Well. I didn't. I almost hid under a blanket out of shame. Especially when I managed to locate Kansas City with a 40km accuracy while mixing up all the countries of Southeastern Europe. How embarrassing.
But I'm getting there again. I'm proud to tell you that I can name all African countries again. Capital cities, here I come!
I shared three songs. So here are three fun little games to test your knowledge.
all the countries of Africa
US capitals
a fun little game where you have to guess countries by their McDonald's sign 

I'm out. Greetings from a bored, unemployed, brain smashed girl. Yo. (yes, I miss Breaking Bad)

No comments:

Post a Comment