Saturday, June 18, 2011

Corpse Bride

I haven't talked about movies in a while. It's time to do this again. This time one of my new favorite movies of all time. Corpse Bride.
Here's the trailer:


I was a bit skeptical when I picked this movie. Don't ask me why. I mean it's a Burton movie, why should I be skeptical? Anyway, when I picked it at the library the librarian told me that this movie is fantastic and that she loved it and I think she could have talked about it for hours. And I was like (in my head) "Yeah...blablabla...whatever...give me the movie!" Let's say, I don't like it when people talk a lot instead of just giving me the stuff I want.
But I should probably talk about the movie.

I think I fell in love with this movie after the first minute. There are so many good things about this movie.
The songs are great, the music is perfect, the dialogs are funny (but not stupid funny), Johnny Depp's voice is just heaven and I want to marry Victor.
I also like the length of the movie. It's only 77 minutes long, which is a good length for a movie like that. It's perfect to watch in the morning before breakfast or whenever you don't have a lot of time. I serisously think I could watch this movie every single day for the rest of my life.

Victor: "I've got...I've got a dwarf, and I'm not afraid to use him!"

Also I watched the special features about how the movie was made and you should too if you get the DVD. It's a stop-motion movie, which means they had to take a few thousand pictures and move the puppets around all the time and bring their legs and arms and everything in the correct position. I think you have to be really patient to do this. Pretty cool stuff...

I have only one more thing to say and that's: Go and watch this movie!

5 comments:

  1. Corpse Bride is one of my all time favorite movies too! At first I was skeptical if I'd like it or not, but after I watched it for the first time I fell head over heels in love with it!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep on seeing snippets of this when it's shown on television here and this was a reminder to actually rent it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim Burton is absolutely amazing! I love this movie C;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Kin and I are supposed to watch this soon. :) Oh and I got Ed Wood from the library and am going to watch it sometime soon as well. :)

    ReplyDelete