Wednesday, May 7, 2014

walls and holes.

Moving into a new place is a very fun thing to do...is one of the things you say before you actually move in.
Don't get me wrong, I love my new place and I'm super excited about it, but oh dear...so much stuff to do and organize. And I'm so glad that I'm currently unemployed (and uneducated), because how on earth do people who work all day manage to be at home all the time because strange people want to rip your apartment into pieces?
Anyway. So I moved into my new apartment. First I thought I would get my own little place. A room with a cute little kitchen in the corner and a bathroom and yeah, that about it. But living is expensive and the smaller the apartment the more you have to pay for a square meter (apparently?).
Long story short, I overcame my initial fear of sharing a place with a random person, searched for someone and some walls and kitchen, got annoyed and tired and now I'm here in my new apartment with a nice new roommate. Yay! Except that I'm currently not at all in my new apartment. I'm at my parents' house, for reasons and stuff...
I didn't know moving into a new place is so much work. Yesterday I told my mom what I did on Monday and Tuesday and she was like "You did all these things in two days?" Seriously, I think I got more things done in these two days than I usually do in a month.
I think it's normal that you discover more and more things that you should get fixed the longer you're in the apartment. When we went there to look at the place before we moved in, we thought "oh, this place is perfect".
And then we moved in and we went
"Oh, three layers of old paint come off when you try to paint the wall."
and
"Oh, the shower base is rusty. How nice that they covered it up so we didn't see it before we moved in."
and
"Oh, a piece of the wall is missing."
and
"Oh, someone drilled a hole in the wooden door. How convenient, now we can spy at each other or send messages through the door."
Sounds worse than it actually is. It's just a lot at once and a lot of waiting and staying at home and being on the phone all the time.
Also, fun fact! If you order your internet online you get a discount. I'm probably not the only one who smells the irony...
So that was a quick update on my life. Wrecking Wednesday will return whenever I have the time to do art again. Right now I'm just super happy to be back in Graz. It's such a sweet city, I'd like to cuddle it all day long. Cutie...
Okay, this is getting weird. Bye.

2 comments:

  1. creeping in and playing catch up on your life... you have enough room for all my stuff, right? hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't mind sharing a room with me... ;)

    ReplyDelete